Friday 1 June 2007

Weekend trip with glacier crossing



Here's another idea for a sunny summer weekend (not recommended before mid June or after October, depending on snowfall): from Adelboden, Bernese Oberland, hike to Engstligenalp or take the cablecar as a shortcut. Then, you can enjoy splendid views hiking along Kindbettipass to Lämmerenhütte (SAC alpine hut, reservation recommended). On the way, you gotta cross a small, but impressive glacier. Mind the gaps! The scenery is amazing and diverse, from grasslands through rugged rocky parts to high Alpine stone deserts and year-round ice. The second starts with crossing a dreamy wide mountain valley with little creeks before hitting the popular hiking trail from Gemmi to Kandersteg. As on the first day, you can once again take the fb (fat bastard's) lazy option from Sunnbühl to Kandersteg or walk down along the beautiful waterfall. We loved it and hope you will enjoy it too!

13 comments:

sumukru said...

What a gorgeous view!

I'd like to pretend I could romp around with the best of you outdoorlunatics, but the truth is that FB trail is calling to me...

High Power Rocketry said...

Looks so pretty : )

clare said...

Wow!!! I like the scene so much!!

CT said...

Picture is amazing. The place is fantastic. I hope global warming not destroys it.

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

You use the word "remote" most accurately! Nice blog. Great illustrations!

llongoriao said...

I always enjoy great pictures and blogs on other places in the world. Thanks for taking me there. :)
I have a rare condition that keeps me indoors a majority of the time, so the internet is my world away from home. Going outside for me for to long, may kill me.
Keep up the good work, and photos.

Luv,
GRANNY

AndreaJ said...

I love the photographs. I like the idea of a travel guide with information and photos from actual participants. Great Job!

Monika in the USA said...

You guys are awesome! Good job with the blogger. I'm looking forward to come back to beautiful Bernese Oberland. I miss it soooo much. Keep going guys, I'll need some great ideas for when I'm back.
Now, can you tell that I've been to the States for one year?? *LOL*

BruceMcc said...

First time visiter of you're blog.

Very impressive pictures. I'll be sure to stop by often.

Tony Cui said...

Wow, do you have more pictures that you can post up?

aamesrawkz said...

cool but i would prefer going to the beach

Blog Editor said...

Amazing... have you taken any larger photographs? For those of us who can only dream of visiting Switzerland (my grandmother's from Basel), some larger pictures would be great.

Sure the scenery is great here in the U.S., like out west in the desert, or in the hundreds of connected lakes in Minnesota, but from what I see on your blog, Switzerland is like nothing I've ever seen! (Even the Arizona slot canyons...)

Amazing!

Editor, The Threshold

View my blog! Visit The Threshold here: http://thethreshold.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

so awesome